Dealer wants me to buy a Blaze King

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Way back in the old days, when I was actually working for a living, one of my co-workers would invariably express flowrate in hogsheads per fortnight. By the way, that is about 0.1875 gallons per hour . . .

Way back in the old days, when I was actually working for a living, one of my co-workers would invariably express flowrate in hogsheads per fortnight. By the way, that is about 0.1875 gallons per hour . . .
I converted all velocities to "furlongs per fortnight", on one of my AP physics tests in high school. I thought it was funny, but I remember it did not help my grade. The teacher was not nearly as amused as I thought he should have been.

I converted all velocities to "furlongs per fortnight", on one of my AP physics tests in high school. I thought it was funny, but I remember it did not help my grade. The teacher was not nearly as amused as I thought he should have been.
I did the same thing on a physics final, and I also used furlongs per fortnight. The teacher was mildly amused. He would have found it funnier if he hadn't see it done so many times before. He did think that the cubits per trecenas I used for another answer was an improvement, though.

This thread went off the rails a long time ago. Ironically, the rail spacing today is based on the Roman chariot track width.

Reactions: NHWS and Ashful
Status
Not open for further replies.