Decision Made...Eko Line 60...need chimney advice/help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boundaryh20

Hearth Supporter
Oct 20, 2006
Pine Island, MN
Short history...I had a OWB with hydronic heating...it was 17 years old and sprang a leak. Considered upgrading my woodstove from a QuadraFire 3100 to a PE Summit (with an ash removal system!), but wife wanted "even" heat which the woodstove does not accomplish. So, I was looking at a new OWB or a more efficient wood boiler (Tarm, EkoLine, Greenwood...). I will also heat all my domestic hot water this way.

Now, I would like to install the Eko in my polebarn (which I will also heat) and need a chimney. It will be simple, out the back of the boiler, thru the poolbarn wall and up. But, how far up do I need to go? The roof is probably 12/4 pitch. And the flue exit on the boiler is 8.25". Can I still use an 8" flue and how do I go from 8.25" to 8"?

Any suggestions on supplies (sources, brands) would be helpful.

Thanks,
Bryan

Paging EJ...
Eric has a remote boiler setup like this. He should be able to give you some good guidance.

If heating the barn, why go through the wall then up? I'd keep as much of the stack in the polebarn as possible in order to improve draft and retain some of the heat from it. Are there clearance issues doing this? As to the adapter for the Eko, have you asked the dealer?

Status
Not open for further replies.