Defiant 2 in 1 thermostat replacement.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Herb

Nov 7, 2012
I recently had a new defiant encore 2 in 1 2042 delivered. During the delivery the local team bent the air flow damper lever. The dealer sent someone out to replace the lever/thermostat, although I am not sure they knew exactly what they were doing. It seems to move the air flap in the back, although I am not sure it opens the same as it did before. I did run it before the replacement, and it seem to get a better air flow. Does anyone know if there are any adjustments ?? I see a screw on the flap in the back, what does that do...
Just looking for someone with technical experience on the stove, since I can not talk directly to VC.. and the dealer does not have anyone that understands the stove...

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.