Dent in flex liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stihl025

Jan 25, 2008
Kennedy Twp, PA
I just received my flex liner from a reputable eBay chimney / fireplace store and the box was damaged near the bottom. The very end of the flex was crushed and the next coil directly below it is dented. Looks like an indentation similar to that of a baseball bat (just an example). The damaged was taped up prior to delivery, so I assume that the box was damaged at the warehouse prior to shipping. I contacted the seller and I am waiting for a reply. I only need 21.5 feet of the liner, and unfortunately, the dent is about 6 feet into the roll. I don't feel like going through the hassle of boxing and taping everything back up, is there a way to push out the dent so it is usable? Any ideas. The remaining contents were just fine. I'll post a pic as soon as my battery charges on the camera.

Attachments

• linerdent.jpg
    linerdent.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 317
That one I would send back. Too deep of a dent. Those things take enough punishment during installation without starting out bashed in.

I don't mind the "ovalized" as much as I mind the dent. I am not sure if I can work this one out. The only way I can get to it is to cut to my length and then i might have a chance to get it. I'm not sure if I want to take that chance. I might wait and see what the seller says.

With the price of those liners I would want one that is undamaged to start with.
That is all I can say on that as I have never installed or had a liner.

You could start a shipping damage claim. Looks like the shipped did not handle the stuff correctly. My special ordered 6" ss liner came to the stove store with small dents. I complained they called the supplier and new stuff was on the way. File a claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.