Diagnois my flame

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosshog919

Sep 26, 2013
North Jersey
Her are a few pics of my flame.. Harman p35i room temp, 75setting, fan on high!!! Is this considered a lazy flame???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 204
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 227
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 189
Looks fine to me. Its tough to take a photo of a flame and have it look like you'd expect it to. My guess is the flame in the photo looks lazier than what you actually saw? It does look more orange than it should, but again, I bet that's the camera. When its cranking like that, you're not gonna get the sharp pointy blowtorch look you get at lower burns.

Is it doing something to make you think something is off?

Here's a pic of my stove burning fairly hot. Haven't touched the pot in 20 hours (Into my SP's:)) and the stove was cleaned 2 days ago. The fire in the photo looks lazy, but isn't whatsoever. The photo does not capture what it looks like in reality. Its just a quick shot with my Droid phone. I've tried a few times to get good flame photos, but with my phone, it ain't happening. IMG_20140130_165717_057.jpg

Bosshog919, does your flame look the same in person as it does in the photo?

When mine is cranking it looks the same.A bit more yellow.this is a bad pic glass is dirty. I think your good. Again mine looks the same a little more yellow will crank it tonight and get a better pic if it's diferent than yours

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 93
I can only speak for myself and my stove, but I could care less how the flame looks. Heat, heat, heat, that's what I care about. I have a digital probe on the stove and when I have too much (or too little) draft (and a pretty flame) the heat output drops. On my stove, a quarter inch adjustment can lower output temps considerably. My 2cent opinion is worry more about heat output and not looks.

I can only speak for myself and my stove, but I could care less how the flame looks. Heat, heat, heat, that's what I care about. I have a digital probe on the stove and when I have too much (or too little) draft (and a pretty flame) the heat output drops. On my stove, a quarter inch adjustment can lower output temps considerably. My 2cent opinion is worry more about heat output and not looks.
I believe that's exactly why bosshog919 started this thread. I don't think he's concerned with how pretty his flames are.

Just got home here my p35i cranked hope this helps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Thanks for the replies...jus trying to get the most out of the stove and these pellets I'm using!!!!!

Burn Baby Burn:cool::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.