did the guy use the right stuff?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2008
ky
paid for support crown sealant flashing resealed motor joints caulked out side next to stone touching brick He use Zinsser "{WATERTITE"" white by Rusteolum There is probably no way it dried before rain looming. I think the A hat is a yahoo .....Even though he is an advertised chimney service. I should have sent him away till a fair weather day. He said he called but no way as he wasn't on caller ID. Soon as I heard him outside getting out ladder I should have so NO wait till no rain. chimney clean from yrs ago but he looked up and down it. for their cheap Glo King wood stove. $400 for two visits. First o mostly look and vac if needed and checked out roof situation I tried too watch him and his helper .......
rain lots before and after
What should have been used? did I ask in the right place Thanks all

As long as it got about a 1/2 hour of cure time to skin over it should be good.

its a standing seam roof no way did it have cURE time. I GUESS I need to call a metal roofer to check out the flashing etc anyway. It was prob never done right the first time