Did the ole leaf blower trick but.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnRXL

Jan 7, 2013
Ontario,Canada
either the leaf vac isn't strong enough or it doesn't work well on my Englander stove.
There seems to be a lot of ash inside that was left behind, especially just above the door area it is piled up there pretty good.
I ran the vac for a while and even opened the door to the stove a little bit, to get a draft running through it.
Is there one particular brand of blower\vac that I should be using? Or is the Englander stove a tough one to clean out?

One should not keep the door closed when using a blower-vac as there's a chance of damaging the vacuum switch. Vac trick works well to clean exhaust system and hidden exchanger passages. Not the whole stove.

One thing about the leaf blower cleaning....it is NOT meant to do all the work of getting the ash out of your stove. It is supposed to be used AFTER you do a complete cleaning. It is meant to be the "final touch" to get ash that is hidden.

One thing about the leaf blower cleaning....it is NOT meant to do all the work of getting the ash out of your stove. It is supposed to be used AFTER you do a complete cleaning. It is meant to be the "final touch" to get ash that is hidden.

X100. The LBT won't clean your firebox ;lol

It is meant to find and drag any remains out of the hidden passages and also the vent.

Some people here will brush there vent and possibly loosen any ash before doing the LBT. That makes a nice "Show". But it won't empty your firebox.

Clean your stove, run a brush down or up your vent, then connect.

I connect mine after I run a brush up the vent. Then I go inside and clean the stove. Which then makes the ash go out the vent.

If it sat all summer the ash may have turned guey with condensation and not come out with the blower trick..

I recently got the below. Having clean pipes can make all the difference in the world. And though it's more fun to have someone else clean your pipe sometimes you have to take care of it yourself. LOL
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014CN8Y8/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
81dq7kxyYpL._SL1500_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.