Dilemma. Energex or Hamer's Hot Ones.

Shelby007 Posted By Shelby007, Jul 11, 2018 at 11:39 AM

1. Shelby007

Shelby007
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jul 11, 2018
    Loc:
    After owning a pellet stove for 15 years, I'm in a dilemma this year.

I have used many brands of pellets over the years, including Energex and Hamer's Hot Ones. I stopped using Hamer's two years ago because the price became much higher than any other brand.

But as of now, July 2018, the price is $239 per ton for Hamer's Hot Ones versus Energex at $215 per ton, so price is very close.

From what I remember from two years ago, Hamer's may have burnt a little hotter than Energex, but I am now reading negative things about Hamer's.

Anything negative about Energex?

But the big question, are Hamer's worth the extra $24/ton over the Energex? (I use three ton per year.)

2. Tonyray

Tonyray
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 11, 2013
    Loc:
    Bucks County,Pa /North of Phila Eagles
    I burned both brands over a few years..
    both give good heat and both leave a good amount of ash...[don't mean that in a positive way].
    the hamer ash is very coarse whereas the energex is not...great price for both but i would do the energex for the price..
    don't think Hamers are as great as they used to be years back.. No night/day differences here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nailed_nailer

nailed_nailer
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 29, 2007
    Loc:
    Cape Cod, Ma
    I burned 1 ton of Hammers Last year 2017/18 winter and was not impressed.
    I seem to remember them being a good pellet several years ago but the ones I burned last year were mediocre at best.
    ---Nailer---

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Tonyray likes this.