Dilemma. Energex or Hamer's Hot Ones.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Shelby007

Jul 11, 2018
After owning a pellet stove for 15 years, I'm in a dilemma this year.

I have used many brands of pellets over the years, including Energex and Hamer's Hot Ones. I stopped using Hamer's two years ago because the price became much higher than any other brand.

But as of now, July 2018, the price is $239 per ton for Hamer's Hot Ones versus Energex at $215 per ton, so price is very close.

From what I remember from two years ago, Hamer's may have burnt a little hotter than Energex, but I am now reading negative things about Hamer's.

Anything negative about Energex?

But the big question, are Hamer's worth the extra $24/ton over the Energex? (I use three ton per year.)

After owning a pellet stove for 15 years, I'm in a dilemma this year.

I have used many brands of pellets over the years, including Energex and Hamer's Hot Ones. I stopped using Hamer's two years ago because the price became much higher than any other brand.

But as of now, July 2018, the price is $239 per ton for Hamer's Hot Ones versus Energex at $215 per ton, so price is very close.

From what I remember from two years ago, Hamer's may have burnt a little hotter than Energex, but I am now reading negative things about Hamer's.

Anything negative about Energex?

But the big question, are Hamer's worth the extra $24/ton over the Energex? (I use three ton per year.)
I burned both brands over a few years..
both give good heat and both leave a good amount of ash...[don't mean that in a positive way].
the hamer ash is very coarse whereas the energex is not...great price for both but i would do the energex for the price..
don't think Hamers are as great as they used to be years back.. No night/day differences here.

I burned 1 ton of Hammers Last year 2017/18 winter and was not impressed.
I seem to remember them being a good pellet several years ago but the ones I burned last year were mediocre at best.
---Nailer---

Reactions: Tonyray