Direct Vent Gas Fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pagnardc

Dec 20, 2022
Knoxville, TN
I just purchased a new house (Built in 2006) and it has a direct vent gas fireplace. I have had it serviced and cleaned in order to insure its running well. All was good but they told me that these gas fireplaces usually last 15-20 years. I asked him if you can replace parts if they fail. He said that the whole unit needs to be taken out and rip up the hearth and mantle to remove the entire unit. Is this correct? Obviously it is working fine right now, but I am concerned that if it goes out I will have to replace the whole unit. The tech said that the burner is starting to show a little wear, can I replace just the burner? I’m a noob to gas fireplaces, sorry for all of the questions. Thank you!

Its a Lennox Direct Vent Gas Fireplace, most likely built in 2006.

You will need to tell us the model # of the fireplace in order for us to see if parts are still available for your unit.

I just purchased a new house (Built in 2006) and it has a direct vent gas fireplace. I have had it serviced and cleaned in order to insure its running well. All was good but they told me that these gas fireplaces usually last 15-20 years. I asked him if you can replace parts if they fail. He said that the whole unit needs to be taken out and rip up the hearth and mantle to remove the entire unit. Is this correct? Obviously it is working fine right now, but I am concerned that if it goes out I will have to replace the whole unit. The tech said that the burner is starting to show a little wear, can I replace just the burner? I’m a noob to gas fireplaces, sorry for all of the questions. Thank you!

Its a Lennox Direct Vent Gas Fireplace, most likely built in 2006.
IHP is the company that handles legacy parts for Lennox brand fireplaces. https://ihp.us.com/
Most parts are still available for that era of Lennox fireplaces.

Reminds me of when I bought my house. The oil company guy came out and said I need a new tank and this and that.
I said no thanks and went with a different company. I worked on oil tanks for years and knew mine was fine.