Dirty Hand Tools Splitter Experience?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jutt77

Feeling the Heat
Dec 18, 2010
Bailey, Colorado
I'm looking to drop the hammer on one of the 22 ton models ASAP. Looks like its pretty well equipped (13GPM pump, includes cradle, includes hydro fluid, etc.) and a solid design, plus its a local company here in CO.

At any rate, has anyone used one? Any feedback?

EDIT: Reckon I'll find out pretty soon. Was able to purchase a new unit in a damaged crate direct from the manufacturer for a really good price. Will pick up soon.

Review will follow once she is up and running. Good news is that I have a lot of Elm to process:)

Last edited:
I have zero experience with them, but from what I've read and seen, they are essentially a Huskee splitter with a few upgraded components. If they had been around when I purchased my 35-ton Huskee, I probably would have purchased one.

I looked at them online but I'm glad I went with my huskee 22.....

Other than looking at them at Menards., I have no experience. I went with the ariens BC the user work area was too close to the hydraulic tank/axle on the DHT. Not Much standing room. I liked the motor position on the Ariens better (away from drops) as well as the Japanese made Subaru motor vs Chinese Kohler. DHT hasn't been around as long either but they seem to be responsive as far as customer service goes. I went the Ariens route mostly for the 3 above reasons, but that's me...FWIW they are the same price and Ariens is made in Wis, USA.

Menards had a crazy low price on them for awhile.

They are supposed to come out with a unit with a log lift too aimed at the Timberwolf market.

I'm no expert, but my concert with that unit is the placement of the motor, filter, and hydro lines to the filter. For that reason I went with the U.S. made Ariens 22 ton. It's the same kind of money plus my local JD dealer also handles Ariens now.

I'm very happy with my 27 ton DHT splitter, starts easy, runs great, splits everything I ask of it. I would buy another in a second.

I see noticing that stands out on DHT from any of the other china made splitters. Almost all of the box store h/v are built to a low price with the components to match the cheap consumer culture. Buy whatever is offered in the color you like for the best price and cross your fingers that it works more than 45 minutes.

I see noticing that stands out on DHT from any of the other china made splitters. Almost all of the box store h/v are built to a low price with the components to match the cheap consumer culture. Buy whatever is offered in the color you like for the best price and cross your fingers that it works more than 45 minutes.

Dear incoherent Troll: Fingers crossed.

And on that cheerful note...

Reactions: TreePointer
Status
Not open for further replies.