Discovery of Fire by Man - 350,000 years ago in the Holy Lands

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/entert...first-master-fire-in-israel-350-000-years-ago

"Early humans first began to master fire around 350,000 years ago, helping to drive the development of complex culture among our ancestors, new archaeological evidence has revealed.

Flint fragments discovered in a cave in the limestone cliffs of Mount Carmel, close to Haifa on the Mediterranean coast of northern Israel, have provided the oldest signs of humans controlling fire."

Shortly after the discovery of fire the cave man discovered the joy of drinking while sitting around the fire. :)

Reactions: stoveguy2esw
Shortly after the discovery of fire the cave man discovered the joy of drinking while sitting around the fire. :)
I think some honey or berry juice went bad...probably before then.
Apparently, people ingested everything and anything looking for stuff that....well, you know!

I think some honey or berry juice went bad...probably before then.
Apparently, people ingested everything and anything looking for stuff that....well, you know!

You know you're probably right ... some drunk cave man sitting around the cave who had one too many "bad" berry juices may have just started goofing off by rubbing two sticks together while his other drunk friends egged him on. ;)

I always find it amazing the little we really know about hour ancient history. Prior to 10,000 yrs ago is like it never happened.

cool link about booze genetics BG

Status
Not open for further replies.