distributation blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
here was my problem in a nut shell motor stopped feeding pellets.service guy came down took motor out came back 2 days later and said it was not motor it was a probe .replaced it.while putting the probe in he must of hit something and blew the fuse..after new fuse was put in stove would not work right..while pushing in on wire harness it would work. guy on phone said board is gone.get new board hook it up and stove still doesn't work right.jump wire on low pressure switch and stove works..so they send in a kit that the yellow sensor or probe in the hopper has to be taken out and not used any more they install a switch on the hopper so when the lid closes it hits the switch to say it is closed. and they have to drill and thread a hole just to the corner of the motor..stove starts to work and than works,,,but now in room temp it will over heat my room and i am in auto..

i was not talking to a harmen rep for the most part but when i did he didi not give me the time of day told me manual is no good anymore because of new board and said that he didn't have an hour to talk to me so he hung up not before i had a few choice words..lol

check dip switches and all were set right service guy hooked up ddm what ever it is called and harmon tech on the phone told him everything is ok with stove.but i still have the problem if room temp is set to 70 it over heats my room because the distributation will not cut out till fire is out than it shuts down....but than my room is to hot..oh well i think i am in a loosing battle..lol

hmmm, very strange. hopper switch much better than that yellow thingy they removed, so that is good. I am at a loss jerf, I cannot think of anything very logical to cause your problem if all the dip switches are correct, the room sensor has been tested through the DDM, and there's nothing physically wrong with the probe. the distribution fan should run until the ESP probe in the exhaust path sees 165 degrees (or there abouts), and should have little care what the actual room temperature is, just how hot the unit is. YOu could have a plain old bad control board. Just this week, had a customer who's unit would do something similar....would overheat his small 3 season room while running overnight set at 50ish....found that when the DDM was plugged in, that the unit would get up to temp, but then the unit would not cut back and continue to burn at a solid rate, forcing the distribution blower to run (to dump the heat) and also causing his room to heat well beyond the temp he set. Turned out that we had to swap the board, new board did what it was supposed to. Gets near the set temp, cuts back feed as it approaches, internal temp drops, distribution fan cuts out at low burn and then, off. Might be worth your while to have the dealer back out to hook up the DDM again, get the unit up to temp and then cut it back to see how long it takes for the temp to drop, should be minutes to go from high 300's to 190ish. If there is a delay in the temp reduction, then we have found your problem, unfortunately, you need the DDM to confirm my suspicion. Sorry I cannot offer you anything else at this time..but I'll continue to brainstorm for anything else.

thanks delta -t very appericated for everything you told me.it is nice to come on here and actually get help from you and other people seeing we can't get to talk to harmon directly..once again thanks for everything all will keep you informed..

Status
Not open for further replies.