Do All Fisher Fireplace Screens Say FISHER?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Todd67

Minister of Fire
Jun 25, 2012
Northern NY
I've seen a bunch of screens that have the Fisher logo on them, with spring handles. I've also seen some with a chrome type of frame with black handles and NO name on them.

Were any Fisher Fireplace Screens made & sold with no name on them? Especially for the earliest grandma & grandpa stoves, how do you know a real screen from a copy?

The reason I'm asking is because I'd like to find a screen for my '76 grandma bear, and I don't want to buy a copy or a fake.

Also, how do you replace the screen if the screen needs to be replaced?

I've seen a bunch of screens that have the Fisher logo on them, with spring handles. I've also seen some with a chrome type of frame with black handles and NO name on them.

Were any Fisher Fireplace Screens made & sold with no name on them? Especially for the earliest grandma & grandpa stoves, how do you know a real screen from a copy?
Why does it matter? All that matters is how well they fit.

That's true, but there are some sellers out there who will charge much more money for a "Fisher" stove or accessory just because of the name. I want to know exactly what I'm buying.

Just look at the high asking prices for Fisher stoves and bear feet on eBay.

The silver ones has no name. The ones that hang from the hinges were stamped and had the logo. The painted honey bear screens also have no name.
99aa8d449b01300d60d110c256234fee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The last boxed one the box is not good. I’ll have to check the screen before shipping. You can send pictures and I’ll tell you if they are like ones we used to sell.

Thanks for the replies, links and information, coaly and CamFan!

CamFan, how much do you charge for a screen if you have any for sale?

$105.00 plus shipping generally 25.00. I have very few left.

Thanks! My '76 grandma has the round door channel and measures 18 3/4" wide by 12" high, outside of the round piece. Will your screen fit my stove?

You have the round rod instead of 1/2” channel correct? I may have an old style that hangs from the hinges that would work. I’ll have to check that. The contemporary screen will not fit right.

That's correct, I have the round rod, not the channel iron.

Thanks CamFan!