do es this brand leave a lot of ash when burning or how do people like them?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crista123

Dec 9, 2007
western ma
Could any one one tell me about these pellets ? natural living innovations wood pellets

Not my normal brand but would like any info on them , I just jot a new brand last mnth and they left ash like no other had to clean it every time i added pellets. not like energiex for sure.
thank you so much

crista123 said:
Could any one one tell me about these pellets ? natural living innovations wood pellets

Not my normal brand but would like any info on them , I just jot a new brand last mnth and they left ash like no other had to clean it every time i added pellets. not like energiex for sure.
thank you so much

I have not heard of them. Have you checked their web site? Are these standard grade or premium grade pellets?

When you say you have to clean every filling, do you mean you have to do a full clean? Or do you just have to knock some ash into the ash pan? Or is the ash pan full? What type of stove do you have?

Cheers

Kenny

I don't know about that brand specifically. If you're having to clean alot of clinkers out of the burn pot then you might have a batch with high salt content whihc lowers the melting point of silicates and forms more clinkers. Maybe try mixing your current brand with another. It's a pain but I've had to do it, I just couldn't bring myself not to burn them.

Status
Not open for further replies.