Do I have a creosole problem or is this normal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What you are explaining about warm air and cold air makes no sense. Warm air and cold air don't make rain. In extreme conditions it may make wind. Rain from air masses is totally different and has to do with saturation and depressurization. Dude, were talking about air going through a tube at a pretty good clip to it's final destination in the burn pot. Let's just say for example that the air coming in was 50::F and the exhaust going out was 300::F...and let's say that the air coming in was actually able to heat up...what? 5::F? 20::F? ...that would also mean that the exhaust was able to cool even more...Sounds like a creosote problem in the vent...wouldn't ya say?

Temperature and pressure are related, as temperature goes up, then the pressure goes up given the same volume. That is just laws of physics. The case of the OP can be caused when there is not enough air or dirty stove. However many people on this forum do like Selkirk DT and I recommend it too. Don't forget, that vacuum cleanout is the coolest feature!
Anyway to make a pellet stove work better and easier to keep clean is always a good thing!

I'm back... I'm posting a quick video of my "first burn"... all went well and my "creosOTE" problem turned out to not be a problem at all.

Thanks for all the feedback / help you all gave, it's much appreciated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.