Do people buy old wood boilers to refurbish and sell?

ctharry Posted By ctharry, Nov 30, 2018 at 4:04 PM

1. ctharry

ctharry
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 12, 2018
    Loc:
    Michigan
    Hi guys, I have a used aquatherm wood boiler and I was wondering if there are people that buy used wood boilers and refurbish them to sell. Instead of just taking it to the scrap yard and getting a few bucks for it. Maybe sell it to someone that fixes them. Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

2. Gasifier

Gasifier
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Apr 25, 2011
    Loc:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
    I suppose that would depend on the quality of your Wood Boiler. I have seen some used Wood Boilers for sale in years past on E-Bay that were completely refurbished.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. peakbagger

peakbagger
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 11, 2008
    Loc:
    Northern NH
    I expect its a pretty small market. They typically weigh 1000 pounds and not easy to remove. If you value the time required to remove one and then refurb it and resell it, I just don't think the money lines up. Installing a used boiler is a crapshot for most folks and I expect I would rather buy a used one that is installed and refurb it myself than take my chance paying a middleman to check it out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...