Q&A Do they make a double sided insert?

QandA Posted By QandA, May 20, 2004 at 2:20 PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QandA

    New Member 2.
    Staff Member

    Nov 27, 2012

    I have a fireplace running up the middle of the room- and would like to know if somebody makes an insert with glass doors on both sides. The opening is 33" high by 38" wide....thanks.


    No one makes a dual sided insert like you are speaking about- the market is too small. But- one company recently made a "heat grate" which is a hollow grates with a blower enclosed. They custom make this for double sided fireplaces. The air comes in and out though a 1" bar that sits flush and UNDER the glass doors on each side (brass trim for this 1" is available. So- by using this- and glass doors on each side- you have a double sided insert. NOTE: not as efficient as a full fledged insert.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page