Do you use humidifier to on stoves with fan?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

garth_2022

Apr 6, 2022
new york
I am finding my humidity in the living room down to 29% when the forced air from the Hi500/CI2700 has the fan blowing all the time.
I have baseboard heating because I know how forced air heat dries out a home. Now that I am using the stove insert for my heat, I am encountering that humidity issue.
I have a n ultrasonic humidifier I used, until I read that they cause more harm than good with ozone or something else (I don't recall), so I hesitate to use that now.
What are you guys doing?

FWIW, almost any form of heating that raises the interior temp well above the dew point will dry out a home. The question of using the stove is asked many times here. Using a kettle on a wood stove is an inefficient method and often just a trivial source that is not effective. A humidifier will be much more effective.

Reactions: garth_2022
FWIW, almost any form of heating that raises the interior temp well above the dew point will dry out a home. The question of using the stove is asked many times here. Using a kettle on a wood stove is an inefficient method and often just a trivial source that is not effective. A humidifier will be much more effective.

Thanks, and a kettle won't work for a stove insert anyway.
I always laughed when people said put a cup of water on your baseboard heater to add humidity to the room.