Does anybody know why?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
In my 10 acres i lost lots of ash to the EAB as many have this started in my area about 4 to 5 years ago.
I walked the property in August and marked all dead ash and live,I'd say 30% have died but 70% remain perfectly healthy in looks leaves on every branch,i marked these all leaves are gone now. Why did the majority succumb to the EAB,and others didn't . This seems the norm on many adjacent properties contingent to mine ,whose owners have given me permission to hunt on,coyotes mostly.;?

Apparently they target weaker or stressed trees. Google the EAB and more info can be found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my 10 acres i lost lots of ash to the EAB as many have this started in my area about 4 to 5 years ago.
I walked the property in August and marked all dead ash and live,I'd say 30% have died but 70% remain perfectly healthy in looks leaves on every branch,i marked these all leaves are gone now. Why did the majority succumb to the EAB,and others didn't . This seems the norm on many adjacent properties contingent to mine ,whose owners have given me permission to hunt on,coyotes mostly.;?
They start with the damaged trees generally. But they usually move on and wipe the vast majority out. It started out like that in this area 6 or 7 years ago. Now the vast majority are dead. We have entire hillsides here full of dead trees.