Does anyone have the Maxim M175 or M250?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepboyny

Feb 7, 2010
Potsdam, NY
I'm looking to upgrade the heating of my house within the next year. I'm still trying to decide between OWB or a pellet boiler. I'd really like to get away from burning inside the house so I'm not really interested in the Harman or any other indoor pellet boilers.

Anyone have any experience with the Maxims? From the little I can find on them it looks like they had some issues in 08 and older but I don't see anything too recent. Just looking for opinions.

Would like to heat my house and garage with whatever I end up buying.

Thanks.

Thanks. I've done a lot of post searching today on it. It doesn't look like a bad machine to have if you maintain it well and make sure its power supply isn't interrupted to cause a burn-back. I guess I'll be calling the local dealer to see if anyone around here has one that I can go see operate.

Anyone else care to chime in?

Status
Not open for further replies.