Does anyone know the company or even model of this Fireplace/Stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BKLegacy247

Does anyone know the company or even model of this Fireplace/Stove? I bought this fireplace used not realizing that the tag was spray painted over the Model and name of the appliance. I'm trying to install it w/natural gas get it ready for the winter. I appreciate any and all help.

StoveFireplace Front.jpeg StoveFireplace Side.jpeg StoveFireplace Top.jpeg

From the top pic, it looks like there is a rating plate underneath the left side of the gas valve. If it is, it’ll have the info you need on it.

Did you try scraping off the paint with a fingernail? Might be able to get enough off to see what you need…

Mineral spirits, diesel or kerosene may carefully remove the freshest paint without destroying the tag. (A couple drops of oil added protects paint to slow the removal) Not bad if it doesn’t get too hot to cook the paint on. When first painted without heat for final cure it’s easy. Light pressure, maybe WD-40. Not lacquer thinner or nail polish remover! That will strip the tag quickly.

Railroaders use kero for everything. Washing their vehicles leaves it looking freshly waxed, themselves making skin soft and supple. I miss those days, sort of.

Last edited:
Reactions: DAKSY
I wonder if a Magic Eraser (wet) would work? Maybe soap or oil to lubricate it? Sort of in the business of saving tags, but never tried it. They have saved me a few times cleaning paint, and will go through it if not careful.