Does anyone know this model Dovre stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sullystull

Feeling the Heat
May 7, 2008
WV Mountains
We found this in the back of the tool shed at work the other day. All I could find was "Dovre" stamped on the back with "303e/02" stamped above it. Anyone familiar with this stove...model, manufacture date, etc? Thanks

Attachments

• dovre_1.JPG
    dovre_1.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,578
  • dovre_2.JPG
    dovre_2.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 2,146
That is a Dovre "Heirloom" 390 stove . Maximum heat up to 50,000 BTU/hr. 355 pounds, 24" maximum log size, and probably has a catalytic combustor in it. I have a flyer with all of this information on it because I have a Dovre Aurora from 1993, so I have stuff from back then on all Dovre stoves. They were bought out by Quadri-fire some years back. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info PA_woodsman.
I can't find any info about this model on the web. It's like it vanished off the face of the earth. Any tips on where I should be searching for info?

I know it is very difficult to get any kind of information on them anymore. There is a company in the U.K. that makes items very similiar to Dovre. I would just try Googling Dovre woodstoves, Dovre Heirloom woodstove, etc. Maybe contact Quadri-fire; they might have some information since they bought them out, but I wouldn't bet on it. Dovre was a very good stove, but like you said they weren't well known, and very hard to find any information on. If you want that "brochure" that I have, send me your address in a private message and I'll mail it to you. Good luck!

Sullystull,

I just looked at my Dovre flyers again now that I'm home from work; if your stove has a "hole" on the top for a temperature probe for a catalytic combustor, then it is the Heirloom 390. If it DOESN'T have a combustor, it is the Heirloom 300 E. They both measure 29" wide by 25 1/2" high by 14 1/2" deep. The 300 E is more 345 as opposed to the 355 lbs. that the 390 is. Just thought that you'd be interested in this for your "research".

Status
Not open for further replies.