Does anyone make a lift for working on pellet stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SciGuy

Feeling the Heat
Aug 17, 2007
Constableville, NY
After enjoying the rehab process on several Harman P series stoves, I now find myself wishing I had an easy way to raise a stove to make it easier to clean, paint and do other work without rolling around on the often chilly floor. Is there a scissor lift or some other ingenious means to easily lift a stove vertically that some of you employ or know about.

Thanks for any informed replies

Hugh

I use a direct lift motorcycle lift for inside work & the loader on the tractor (with forks instead of bucket) for outdoor work, works great for me.

I use a jack lift dolly from Harbor Freight . They have two sizes 250 pound cap and 500 pound cap , I just slide my stoves on to it and haul them outside or in the garage to work on them . NOT TO EXPENSIVE .

Reactions: railfanron
I use a direct lift motorcycle lift for inside work & the loader on the tractor (with forks instead of bucket) for outdoor work, works great for me.

Thanks NF,

I'll take a look at motorcycle lifts.

Hugh
I use a jack lift dolly from Harbor Freight . They have two sizes 250 pound cap and 500 pound cap , I just slide my stoves on to it and haul them outside or in the garage to work on them . NOT TO EXPENSIVE .

Those look like they fit my price range a bit better than the purpose built motorcycle lifts.

Thanks Bubibear

Years ago a flooring installer made a lift, jack operated, to lift toilets about 6 inches and move them so he could install flooring,,then the toilet would be held up by the lift and it was on wheels so he could move it back in place and lower it...Made for less back strain, and a much better installation because it was so easy to lower the toilet in the exact right spot on the first try.

He made several of them to sell, I don’t know what happened to them,,,,it was a good idea.

the Harbor Freight lift dolly is what I was going to recommend but Bubibear beat me to it. I've got an old one, keep it outside under an old Jeep. Still works fine for the times I need to use it.

These jack lift also come in handy hauling pellets bags from my garage into the house .My garage to house is on same level . At 77 I also need all the extra help I can get .But love my pellet stoves .Enjoy .

I think it would be too much work to disconnect the exhaust and lift just for a few minutes of maintenance.
I also would need toe jack to be brought up four steps to get inside which would be a PITA!

Bill

I think it would be too much work to disconnect the exhaust and lift just for a few minutes of maintenance.
I also would need toe jack to be brought up four steps to get inside which would be a PITA!

Bill
Bill, my use would be to take a used stove than needed a good bit of work and put it at a good working height. Pulling combustion or distribution blowers off a Harman P series is a lot more fun if the stove is raised a couple of feet off the floor. At 66 years of age I don't enjoy laying on the floor as much as I did 60 years ago;)

Thanks for the advice though,

Hugh

Reactions: Washed-Up
Bill, my use would be to take a used stove than needed a good bit of work and put it at a good working height. Pulling combustion or distribution blowers off a Harman P series is a lot more fun if the stove is raised a couple of feet off the floor. At 66 years of age I don't enjoy laying on the floor as much as I did 60 years ago;)

Thanks for the advice though,

Hugh

Ok, I thought you were using it to perform maintenance.

I have a hydraulic lift table in my garage if I ever bring home a spare used stove. Although, I would probably only bring home a free orphaned stove if it came up.

Bill