Does anyone recognize this pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

johnnyvirgil

Jan 25, 2023
Upstate NY
There are no labels on it. It’s 8”. Thanks!

ED4AD9FD-1979-49C3-BB1A-45CC05FF857B.jpeg E11E4D6E-4436-4BBB-9E38-69093F9B8C71.jpeg

I can’t tell - it’s all buried in the wall. It goes up through the center of the house in an enclosed fake stone pillar. I’m trying to find an 8” to 6” reducer for it. It doesn’t seem to have any locking mechanism like duravent.

If it is Excel, they make a flue extension, part EX, for connecting stovepipe.

Reactions: johnnyvirgil
Yes, you would need an increaser as well.

I don't know if the 8" end will seat properly into the existing pipe end. The OD may be too large. Just looking at it, it seems like the Excel adapter may be a snugger fit. That is TBD.

The link is for a Ventis adapter. If it fit snuggly, then it could work if the rest of the connector piping is also Ventis. Check out Rockford, they sell Ventis black pipe and may be able to give you specific OD for that piece.