does ash spill from HT2000?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kbeiler17

Jan 21, 2018
Kamas, UT
Hi everyone.
We are looking at purchasing the Drolet HT2000, as it looks like the best value that would fit in our space. We had an old Heritage stove that was not airtight. We had to let the ash drawer and the firebox partially fill up with ash in order to have fires that lasted more than a couple hours. Because of this, ash would fall out of the stove almost every time we opened the door. It was very messy-it seemed like ash coated every surface of the house. I would think that a modern stove would not have this issue, but one reviewer said that the lip is 1", which allows coals to roll out of the stove. Anyone else have issues like this?
I don't expect perfection-operating a wood stove will always be a little messy. I think I've read almost every review of this stove that google can find...I only saw one mention of this being an issue, but since my wife also saw that review, I would like to ease her mind, or move in a different direction.
Thanks!
Ken

Friend of mine has one. Great stove. Great air control setup. I've loaded it many times. Never experienced any spillage. Cant recall even thinking that was a issue?

I have one and have had it burning 24/7 since December 15th. I am very happy with the stove and cant think of anything I do not' like about it.