Does everyone sift fines before loading hopper?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never did this in 5 years of pellet burning in the 1200i. But I stuck to premium pellets.

NEVER!, buddy of mine does cause when he bought his Breckwell dealer told him to have zero fines, hogwash i say!, most fines if any are in bottom of bag, i pur my pellets into a coal bucket first, if there some fines i'll try to leave most in bag.

DexterDay said:
Here is my sifter. Right next to the Pellet crib that holds 7 ton. The other 2 are off to the right, kinda behind the steps.

You sure you're not making corn liquor with that contraption Kenis???? If I'm correct, put me in line for a quart of some hillbilly hooch!!! LOL

Eatonpcat said:
DexterDay said:
Here is my sifter. Right next to the Pellet crib that holds 7 ton. The other 2 are off to the right, kinda behind the steps.

You sure you're not making corn liquor with that contraption Kenis???? If I'm correct, put me in line for a quart of some hillbilly hooch!!! LOL

LOL ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.