Does size matter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssweb

Sep 26, 2009
Southern ME
Got you on this one :)

In reviewing the order I have for my wood insert. (At least the order for today) I see that a UltraPro liner 5.5" and a 5.5" to 6" adaptor are specified.

What would be the advantage or disadvantage of using a 5.5" liner on a Hampton insert HI200 or HI300.
I understand the UltraPro liner is the lower end of the Homesaver line. I was told the owner of the store likes this better then the liner that Regency suggest and sells. Does any one know if this is a good argument

Will this make a difference on the burn, draft or Hampton Warranty in using the smaller liner?

Thanks

Scott

Prolly not if you're single ;-P

From what I have heard, many stoves really like the extra girth, but the Hampton is more interested in the length.

Well, ... nope can't say that. Then there is the .... nope can't say that either. Hmm. Yes.

The size doesn't matter as much as the movement while installing. So I have heard.

Wow . . . you just had to know that the replies to this thread would be interesting.

If you have to use a 5.5" liner, you must have a tight hole you're going to be ramming it down... lube it well and slide it in slowly!

Status
Not open for further replies.