Does this look like a good deal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

weatherguy

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 20, 2009
Central Mass
For the money, it looks pretty decent. Can't say I've heard of it, but if you're mechanical at all might be a good deal. I'm sure there's gonna be some fastener & fitting tightening necessary after a few hours use. Sounds like it might be worth the drive to look at. A C

Reactions: smokinj
I think it is made much more than an hour from you. Read a little more on the web site.

"Our Research Team in Shanghai, China is a group of knowledgeable individuals dedicated on finding great manufactures building quality, durable and low-cost products. Together we seek to create a great value and an alternative to the public here in the United States."

http://www.imotorsports.net/

Nice video but made in China always makes one wonder.

One thing that has always struck me is how much gas the larger engines burn compared to the smaller ones. With the price of gas going up and up that has to be a factor. Our little 5 hp doesn't drink much and for comparison it will split that stuff he had just as quickly and easily. I am not saying that splitter is not worth the price as it is a good price. But, do you really need a 37 ton splitter if a 20 ton will do the same job?

Reactions: ScotO
I think it is made much more than an hour from you. Read a little more on the web site.

"Our Research Team in Shanghai, China is a group of knowledgeable individuals dedicated on finding great manufactures building quality, durable and low-cost products. Together we seek to create a great value and an alternative to the public here in the United States."

http://www.imotorsports.net/

I should have said sold closer to me, it does look like all knock off parts which makes me leery, I think Ill stick to an I & O. Dennis, 37 ton is way more than I need, I can get a decent smaller I & O with a Honda and be pretty sure its a solid product.

Dennis I agree 100% I bought my 22 ton Swisher vertical/horizontal off of craigslist that was only used THREE TIMES for $800.00. So there are better deals out there, and my splitter has a smaller 6 horse Briggs cast iron motor that's relatively easy on gas. You will most likely NEVER need 37 tons of splitting force. Total overkill.....

I too will have to agree with Dennis. I have a 20 ton Huskee from TSC. It's been in the family for about 15 years and has never seen less than 5 cord a year. Replaced the engine once, last year I took to a small engine repair shop to have a complete look over done with the whole thing. Came back with nothing wrong with it. I've many times split logs up to 40" diameter. I've split logs so tough I've bent the back plate, twisted the wedge somewhat and bent the bars for pulling the wedge out of a split when it gets stuck. A little fixing from a welder friend and I'm still running strong. You can get buy easily with a much smaller spliter IMHO.

Dennis I agree 100% I bought my 22 ton Swisher vertical/horizontal off of craigslist that was only used THREE TIMES for $800.00. So there are better deals out there, and my splitter has a smaller 6 horse Briggs cast iron motor that's relatively easy on gas. You will most likely NEVER need 37 tons of splitting force. Total overkill.....

Scotty I know you like old iron but Briggs hasn't done a cast-iron block in a loooooong time. How old is that machine?

Scotty I know you like old iron but Briggs hasn't done a cast-iron block in a loooooong time. How old is that machine?
Sorry it has a cast iron sleeved cylinder (industrial engine). My bad....

Status
Not open for further replies.