Door adjustment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rwhite

Minister of Fire
Nov 8, 2011
North Central Idaho
I did some searching but didn't find anything. My BK princess door is off level. It's enough that the gasket on the upper part of the door on the handle side barely hits the knife edge. It's always been that way. I must have got lucky when I changed the door gasket the first time. Not so much this time. I think it might not be sealing correctly. Can the door pins be bent back a touch? Wasn't sure if they were hard steel or not. Didn't want to break it off.

I did some searching but didn't find anything. My BK princess door is off level. It's enough that the gasket on the upper part of the door on the handle side barely hits the knife edge. It's always been that way. I must have got lucky when I changed the door gasket the first time. Not so much this time. I think it might not be sealing correctly. Can the door pins be bent back a touch? Wasn't sure if they were hard steel or not. Didn't want to break it off.
Looking at mine, seems any bending might be better done to the door side of the hinge. If you’re going to sell stoves with a knife edge gasket you really need good quality control. The doors are shipped separately and dropping it on the edge could bend the hinge possibly.

I’d call bk for advice. An excellent door seal is very important on this stove.

Reactions: stoveliker
Yes, I would try adjusting the door, that way if you F it up, you only::-) have to buy a new door