Door Rope for Pellet stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frustratedfire

Nov 10, 2014
seattle wa
Does anybody out there know a good place to purchase door insulator rope from? I have an Envirofire EF-2 but I imagine they probably sell the stuff at any length you need? Thanks!

Most hardware and big box stores carry it. Just match up the size. Look online too unless you needed it yesterday. Tractor Supply, HD, Lowe's and the likes should stock some.

Reactions: frustratedfire
Ace hardware / True Value should be OK too.

The small local hardware store near me sells it on rolls and will cut it to length, they have a selection of different size of rope gasket, round and flat.

What they said. You only run into trouble if it is an odd size like my St. Croix that take 7/8" for the door. Only thing I could find within 30 miles was 3/4".

The stove dealer should have some.

I would assume that the OP bought used and there isn't a dealer close by (the "dealer" near me is only open for 5 hours on Saturday - that is it for the week, and the next closest dealer is 40 miles away). However, that is a good reminder and should not be overlooked!

Status
Not open for further replies.