Double stove pipe has water dripping

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

CTwith3

Jul 9, 2014
Westchester County, NY
Double stove pipe has water dripping Double stove pipe has water dripping
it was raining hard this morning, but this has never happened before that we are aware of. My wife videotaped it for one minute, and there were five trips during that minute.

Last edited:
Might be rain got blown under the storm collar? When it clears up outside inspect the storm collar area. Do you know what brand chimney pipe was installed?

I have Ventis Class A double wall stove pipe.

Was it windy too? The standard Ventis flashing has slots at the top for ventilation. Perhaps some wind driven rain got under the storm collar and thru the slots? Can you check the storm collar on a nicer day or is it too high up?

Shouldnt be leaking to begin with, but is the pipe lap going the wrong direction?

It was pretty windy along with the hard rain. I guess. I will keep an eye on it during the next rainfall.