Double wall help please!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

shredit

Nov 10, 2017
Bonner , Idaho
I am trying to figure out if double wall pipe will fit in this support box that I have or if it was installed incorrectly. Everything I’ve seen while searching shows double wall pipe has black exterior with a stainless interior. The stainless chimney in my installed ceiling box does not come down far enough to be able to attach pipe, unless there is some kind of adapter or pipe where the stainless inner section protrudes out farther than the black exterior section. This is a Security exterior chimney system.
3019F84D-E8A2-4B1F-9260-25E922951D7D.jpeg22AA5835-C596-498C-89A8-3094F42A131B.jpeg

I am trying to figure out if double wall pipe will fit in this support box that I have or if it was installed incorrectly. Everything I’ve seen while searching shows double wall pipe has black exterior with a stainless interior. The stainless chimney in my installed ceiling box does not come down far enough to be able to attach pipe, unless there is some kind of adapter or pipe where the stainless inner section protrudes out farther than the black exterior section. This is a Security exterior chimney system.
View attachment 292837View attachment 292838
Honestly the chimney to support box connection on your setup looks wrong

Security makes two boxes, the round and the cathedral ceiling support box. Can you pull the camera back and show the entire ceiling box?

I have the cathedral ceiling one.

This was all done under new construction so it will be replaced at no out of pocket expense to me

Sorry forgot to add this F769A598-F649-4D9F-BC42-9FB374FB1754.jpeg

I thought that Security DL stovepipe's inner wall goes inside the collar on the support box and the outer wall goes outside of it, but could be wrong. I have not personally installed this product. Give them a call to verify.
1-800-361-4909

The stainless-steel ring is correct but you are missing the flange piece that terminates the dvl pipe, just regular dvl doesnt go directly to the support box, you need the adapter piece.

The stainless-steel ring is correct but you are missing the flange piece that terminates the dvl pipe, just regular dvl doesnt go directly to the support box, you need the adapter piece.
The OP says this is Security chimney, not DuraVent.

If you have. Security cathedral support, it has an integrated flue extension. No additional parts are required. Your stovepipe will slip overtop. Fix stovepipe to flue extension with screws.

I don’t see the problem. With security pipe, the stove pipe adaptor goes into the chimney section before it’s installed. The male pipe you see protruding is the stove pipe adaptor. Your double wall stove pipe slips over it.

Reactions: moresnow