Double Wall vs. Triple Wall

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jonathco

Jun 5, 2022
Byron, Michigan
Hi Folks,

I am getting ready to put my stove pipe in for my Drolet HT-3000, and I am trying to figure out if there is any reason I would need triple wall pipe vs double wall? My local Menards carries doublewall "Supervent" brand stovepipe; any reason that would not work? I am pretty green when it comes to stove pipe. Anything specific I should know, going into this?

Thanks in advance.

Triple-wall chimney pipe is a value version. The double-wall chimney is a better product and it requires a smaller hole.

This is not stove pipe. That term generally refers to the connector pipe that ties the stove to the chimney pipe at the room ceiling or wall.

Reactions: Jonathco
Triple-wall chimney pipe is a value version. The double-wall chimney is a better product and it requires a smaller hole.

This is not stove pipe. That term generally refers to the connector pipe that ties the stove to the chimney pipe at the room ceiling or wall.
Thank you, this is helpful to know. I guess I am showing off my ignorance on this topic already.

Reactions: Split