Dovre Horizon 500cc Manual

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 18, 2009
Midwest
Newbie here....Just want to say what a great site! Tons of info. After searching the internet, searching the forums and a full blown Hearth.com search, I just can't seem to find a owners manual for a used stove I just purchased (350 bucks)

It's around 10 years old and the rear panel says it's made by Dovre in Aurora Illinois Maybe a Heatilator company back then
If anyone can offer any info about this stove ie. gotchas,operation etc that would be great!

Thanks

Attachments

• Stove(600 x 450).jpg
    Stove(600 x 450).jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,629
  • BackPlate (600 x 450).jpg
    BackPlate (600 x 450).jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,252
I believe Dovre was bought out by Quadra-Fire - maybe try them for a manual?

Edit: Welcome to the forum!

Shari

As this is my first stove, I would like to get a manual to familiarize myself with all aspects of the stove ie. installation,opreation etc. Especially how and when to use the catalytic converter

I've had the Aurora by Dovre since 1993 and it has been great. Yes, Dovre was bounced around a few times and is now part of Quadri-fire. You can also Google Dovre and you'll see that they are still being made in the U.K.-perhaps they can help, although they'll probably refer you back to Quadri-fire. Dovre made very good stoves, but never really caught on here in the U.S. I hope you find some information.

wireman2511 said:
i have that stove with manual,whatis it you need to know?

You got a scanner? Digitize that puppy and e-mail the file to the OP. Failing that, get a hard copy made and send it to the OP. These forums are all about helping each other out. Rick

Thanks wireman. If you email or pm the webmaster or myself with the file, we'll post the manual here for others to find. If hard-copy, we can arrange fax or I've got a scanner and will assist if needed.

If you feel comfortable in snail mailing it to me, I could scan it and make copies and send the orignal back. Thanks for all the help !! What a cool site !

My Wife scaned Manual 19 pages and it appears the attachment is to large for it to go through I can send direct to your email address

I just sent the manual as an attachment to the webmaster so he can post it on the site as the attachment was to large to upload in the forum

Wireman2511.... You and your wife are the best !!! The manual is EXACTLY what I was looking for :) Thank you very much and enjoy the holidays !

PS. Thanks to the "Webmaster" also

I'm looking for the cast part that diffuses the flu gases just below the catylitic combustor on this stove. Casting says HL 100-01. Take care in loading this stove. Hitting this while trying to fill stove will break it.
In searching I found a sight that has manual to download.

Status
Not open for further replies.