Q&A Draft problems

QandA Posted By QandA, May 23, 2002 at 2:20 PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QandA

    New Member 2.
    Staff Member

    Nov 27, 2012

    We have a vented LP gas Vermont Castings stove with poor draft problems - black soot in the house and on the glass -Can we purchase a non-vented kit and eliminate the problem of black soot in the house or do we need a new stove?


    In general, no, you cannot convert such a stove. There are one or two possible exceptions. I seem to remember that certain Vermont Castings units used the same exterior body panels for the Vented and non-vented models. If this is true in your case, it may be possible to buy the entire insides (burner assembly, etc) and change it out.

    The only way to find this out is to take your model and serial number and ask your dealer.

    Be aware that the insides are the costliest part of the arrangement, so it will not be cheap to do this. In fact, you might be able to buy another unvented unit (different brand) for about the same money.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page