Drinking & Burning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Remember.....the first step on the road to recovery begins with admitting there is a problem! 😂
I'm waiting until I crash and burn before I shed these wild ways!

• Haha
Reactions: yooperdave
Our beautiful boy is gone. He was killed by a hit and run driver right in front of the house. Never stopped. 2022 is off to a really crappy start.

:( . . . truly sorry to hear this.

A few years back I had a wicked cool Manx-mix that I absolutely loved. He would come out and just chill with me and my friends around the camp fire. One day he went out and never came back.

After that my wife and I decided that our cats would no longer free roam. It doesn't mean we don't let them outside as we built Catcatraz -- a large, outdoor pen. It just means we don't have to worry about them getting hit, eaten, attacked or what have you . . . and a benefit is the local bird population is not being decimated.

Reactions: fbelec
Same here; it's been hit or miss for buffalo Trace.
Finally scored some B.T. Went to Canada today , first time since the pandemic. On the way home I stopped at the duty free store to look around and found Buffalo Trace for 28.95 Canadian. Purchased 6 so I hope I like it.

Wow, you dive in deep...

$29 Canadian is a decent price tho.

years ago i use to go to Montreal for drag racing event. everytime i were to come back i would get asked if i bought anything there that i was bringing home and the one time i tried to bring home some Brodeur (i think that's how it is spelled) because i couldn't get it anywhere around here i got searched. they told me any more than a 1 oz has a tarif. that was tuff i was to leave it or pay which came to 28 dollars a case and i had 3. not much now that 28 dollar tarif but back in the 80's that was a lot. how did you get it across the border????

years ago i use to go to Montreal for drag racing event. everytime i were to come back i would get asked if i bought anything there that i was bringing home and the one time i tried to bring home some Brodeur (i think that's how it is spelled) because i couldn't get it anywhere around here i got searched. they told me any more than a 1 oz has a tarif. that was tuff i was to leave it or pay which came to 28 dollars a case and i had 3. not much now that 28 dollar tarif but back in the 80's that was a lot. how did you get it across the border????
I went knowing I would have to pay duty tax on the bourbon, so when asked if I was bringing anything back I declared what I had purchased. Wasn't going to attempt "smuggling" it as they knew I was over and back in 15 minutes.

we told them too but it didn't get us anything but a payment 3 brodour and 3 molson xxx i tried to be nice