Drolet ECO 65 gasket help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

crna

Feb 21, 2015
North Central Ohio
I burn about 5-6 tons of pellets per season. Drolet recommends inside cleaning the stove every 2 tons as a Max. Every time I do the cleaning, I have a heck of a time with the gaskets sticking. I have to scrape and scrape to get the panel mating surfaces clean enough to reassemble. Does anyone have any ideas to make them not stick, or stick less?

make your own gaskets out of high temp silicone sheeting

Its only rated to 425 F I would be scared to use such a gasket! I have put 3.5 tonnes in without a cleaning, and no issue as long as you clean the flue and exhaust motor you should be ok., without a major cleaning. Clean the flue at the 40 bag area if you have a horizontal section.

Last edited:
Agree on the temp rating. Look for something with a higher rating. It would probably be good on intake side. My stove has similar factory gasket. But outlet side may get hotter. I have some sort of fiberglass on my outlet side

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk