Drolet escape 1800 leg model

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jason721

Nov 4, 2017
southern indiana
Wife and I have decided to upgrade to a bigger stove....this one we believe will be a good fit and upgrade to our home... problem is where do I get one that had legs at a decent price? Everyone I have seen is the pedestal model!! No mention of it having legs...

I can't recall seeing this stove with legs. Have you?

Could do like I did on my 1400i...I wanted it to look like a stove instead of a standard insert...so I put it on a steel platform with fabricated legs...what you see in the fireplace now just looks like a regular stove with a front mount blower...you really don't notice the air jacket. (obviously I did not use the surround panel)
One thing to check is if the 1800 stove pedestal can be removed, or is welded on as a part of the stove. If it is welded, I'd bet there is no leg model...
EDIT: The 1800 owners manual does show a leg model...
https://www.drolet.ca/en/products/stoves/escape-1800-legs-brushed-nickel-door-db03112/

Last edited:
Reactions: begreen
Search Drolet DB03112...they have 'em on Amazon for one...

Could do like I did on my 1400i...I wanted it to look like a stove instead of a standard insert...so I put it on a steel platform with fabricated legs...what you see in the fireplace now just looks like a regular stove with a front mount blower...you really don't notice the air jacket. (obviously I did not use the surround panel)
One thing to check is if the 1800 stove pedestal can be removed, or is welded on as a part of the stove. If it is welded, I'd bet there is no leg model...
EDIT: The 1800 owners manual does show a leg model...
When I was doing some research on the drolet I found a pic of your stove and though that it was a good idea. I would have never thought of that..
I see Menards offers the drolet escape 1800 pedestal model. I wonder if I gave them the model number to the leg model if they could order it...?

When I was doing some research on the drolet I found a pic of your stove and though that it was a good idea. I would have never thought of that..
I see Menards offers the drolet escape 1800 pedestal model. I wonder if I gave them the model number to the leg model if they could order it...?

I guess if it is on the Drolet website it is still a current model, they should be able to order that model.

I bet they can. Wait until they have another 11% off sale here soon and get $100 or so off...

Search Drolet DB03112...they have 'em on Amazon for one...
Thanks, I don't recall running across one of these before. It's nice to know there is the option.