Drolet Heat Pro Digital Display

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dchance

Jan 14, 2020
MO
can anyone run me through Drolets instructions on the digital display for a HeatPro? Manual really sucks

Trying to hook up a t stat?

Digital display on the back?

Reactions: dchance
Yes, I am hooking up a tstat. Really simple however I am only getting 14 volts coming out of the drolet to the thermostat so stat wont work.

shouldn't be anything coming out of the tstat hookup on the heatpro I believe. all that needs to happen is to complete the circuit.

Yes, I am hooking up a tstat. Really simple however I am only getting 14 volts coming out of the drolet to the thermostat so stat wont work.
what kind of tstat?

you can just put a jumper wire in and it will open the damper. no power needed.

Does the tstat have a battery? Self powered if so.
Yes, all the tstat needs to do is "close" the circuit to make the damper open

I'm not sure on the HP, but on Tundra 1, if you measured from one of the tstat terminals on the back of the furnace to ground, there would be 24V (probably a bit more actually)...if you measure between terminals it will be less because the other terminal has to go to ground through the damper motor...

Reactions: Highbeam
Thanks, there was nothing wrong at all. I was using the wrong tstat. I have a round dial Honeywell heat only stat for the wood furnace. For some reason a battery operated stat is required. Not sure why it matters, but it does. lol.

Reactions: brenndatomu
I have an old school mercury t-stat on my Tundra and it works, however, I don't use it anymore.

Eric

I have an old school mercury t-stat on my Tundra and it works, however, I don't use it anymore.

Eric
Yeah running with the tstat is pretty useless...other than using it to bring a load to temp...but honestly the bath timer mod is better for that...tstat works for burning down coals too I guess, but so does the manual switch that comes on the furnace (they still have that on the T2/HP?)
I don't use the tstat on the Kuuma now either...works just fine without it.

Last edited:
Reactions: sloeffle

Eric

I had a t-stat connected at one time- never used it. A spring loaded 60mn timer works so much better, you can't forget about it and will always time out and open the circuit. I was temped to remove the factory switch, but on my install it's pretty hard to get to anyway.

can anyone run me through Drolets instructions on the digital display for a HeatPro?
I emailed Drolet to find out some info on the digital display as well as how the variable speed fan part works. Screenshot_2020-05-07-21-16-35.png This is the response i got:
Screenshot_2020-05-07-21-16-35.png
Pressing the - button for a couple seconds seems to access some settings? Anyone messed with this? Sounds interesting....
Also has anyone determined at exactly what plenum temp the different blower speeds are activated? As well as the over temp limit?
I have the Heatmax2 but I'm sure the controls are the same.