Drop in wood pellet prices possible?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dmancine said:
slink said:
woodsman23 said:
Pellets here are ~230-270 a ton and i know at least 3 places that have them in stock, they are Dry Creek, Allegheny and the notorious PA pellets.

I have been selling the PA pellets the last two years and have had pretty good luck with them. What issues have you had?? As for the price comming down it probably won't any time soon. Around here pellets are very scarce. I can't get them fast enough and seems as if no other dealer has any.

I am curious as top what you are charging for the PA pellets. I just purchased a ton here in PA. for $262.

Slink said on the other page he was charging 350!!!! a ton. I'd go back to propane before i pay that price.

sinnian said:
I haven't heard very good things about them yet. Most common complaint has been the amount of ash.

Guess I'll be cleaning it every day... Next year it's Lignetics.

woodsman23 said:
dmancine said:
slink said:
woodsman23 said:
Pellets here are ~230-270 a ton and i know at least 3 places that have them in stock, they are Dry Creek, Allegheny and the notorious PA pellets.

I have been selling the PA pellets the last two years and have had pretty good luck with them. What issues have you had?? As for the price comming down it probably won't any time soon. Around here pellets are very scarce. I can't get them fast enough and seems as if no other dealer has any.

I am curious as top what you are charging for the PA pellets. I just purchased a ton here in PA. for $262.

Slink said on the other page he was charging 350!!!! a ton. I'd go back to propane before i pay that price.

He was refering to the Canadian Pellets he was selling not the PA pellets and he hasn't answered either.

dmancine said:
woodsman23 said:
dmancine said:
slink said:
woodsman23 said:

He was refering to the Canadian Pellets he was selling not the PA pellets and he hasn't answered either.

You are right he was, but he is still getting 300.00 for PA Pellets. Dry Creek. lignetics, and some others here are 240 and up.

Status
Not open for further replies.