Dulude Wood Stove info/help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trudd

Jun 10, 2008
Rhode Island
A buddy of mine just gave me a Dulude wood stove. Google hasn't turned up much. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about them. I'm putting it in my barn on a concrete floor. I'm mainly wondering what size chimney would be appropriate. I'm guessing 8" but right now on the back of the stove is what looks like an 8" to 6" reducer. I'll double check this tomorrow. Looks like galvanized and not stove pipe. It was hooked up to a stone chimney that had no chimney liner. I'm planning on going up through the ceiling and using class A chimney. My friend doesn't know anything about it, it was in his house when he moved in. He heated his whole house with it last winter so I figure it will be great for my barn. Thanks for the help.

Dave
dulude wood stove.jpg

Is this an insert? It's hard to see if the stove has any legs on it. If it has no legs I would set it on some concrete blocks. That will make it easier to load and will help stop the slab from sucking heat away from the stove. Be sure that there are no combustibles within 36" of the stove in any direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.