Duraplus connection to ceiling support

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

huntcabin66

Oct 11, 2020
Michigan
I have a Duravent round ceiling support box. From there up and out I have 6" Duraplus Class A pipe. It looks as if I need an adaptor. I cannot seem to find one. Do I have incorrect ceiling support box? Thank you for your help.

Yes, DuraVent and DuraPlus systems are not interchangeable. They have different outside diameters. Either the support box needs to be replaced or get DuraTech chimney for the existing DuraTech round support box. DuraTech costs more but it is a superior chimney pipe.

Reactions: huntcabin66
Yes, DuraVent and DuraPlus systems are not interchangeable. They have different outside diameters. Either the support box needs to be replaced or get DuraTech chimney for the existing DuraTech round support box. DuraTech costs more but it is a superior chimney pipe.
Thank you for the reply. I have a decision to make. My Duraplus is installed thru my steel roof with a boot all cut to size and caulked in. I will most likely lean toward a Duraplus support box.

DuraPlus is pretty common online and at some big box stores. Northline Express, WoodstovePro both sell DuraPlus parts.