duravent ceiling box

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pellet9999

Sep 3, 2008
ny
The DV ceiling boxes have an adaptor on the bottom side that accepts single or double wall non insulated pipe. But what is inside the box
that accepts the class A insulated DV pipe from up on the roof?????? Is there an adaptor in there??? cause NONE of the pics shows what is inside
the box...I want to drop my 6 inch DV class A insulated stainless 4 ft pipe into the box and those connect with a specific adaptor/mount.
If you know what I mean please respond.... a lot of people who sell stoves and fireplaces really don't know about the technical stuff....
Duravent might want to know that...

The DV ceiling boxes have an adaptor on the bottom side that accepts single or double wall non insulated pipe. But what is inside the box
that accepts the class A insulated DV pipe from up on the roof?????? Is there an adaptor in there??? cause NONE of the pics shows what is inside
the box...I want to drop my 6 inch DV class A insulated stainless 4 ft pipe into the box and those connect with a specific adaptor/mount.
If you know what I mean please respond.... a lot of people who sell stoves and fireplaces really don't know about the technical stuff....
Duravent might want to know that...
Your box needs to match the brand of pipe you are using. Not sure what else you need to know honestly

There is a start collar on the top side of the ceiling support box that the Duravent chimney attaches to.

There is a start collar on the top side of the ceiling support box that the Duravent chimney attaches to.

But it’s built into the ceiling support box. As in, part of it. When you get the ceiling box you can look inside and see the threaded stub that matches the bottom of your class a section. No extra parts to buy.

But it’s built into the ceiling support box. As in, part of it. When you get the ceiling box you can look inside and see the threaded stub that matches the bottom of your class a section. No extra parts to buy.
Yes, it's part of the ceiling box assembly.