Duravent pipe with SS clamps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

harmanP43

Nov 9, 2019
Pa
I have duravent piping with hose clamps at each connection (built in). Having leaking issues smoking ect. I replaced the silicone seals at every connection but the hose clamps just slip and will not tighten, tried adjusting the worm screw by moving the clamp and clamping it with a hand clamp no go still won't grab to tighten. what is the next move? Can I just buy some SS clamps remove the old ones and insert new ones inside like they are designed? obviously placing a clamp just on the outside is point less. I feel this is a terrible design honestly. I am a auto tech of 15 years, so im well aware of the life span of your SS hose clamps!! any help is appreciated thanks.

Can I just buy some SS clamps remove the old ones and insert new ones inside like they are designed?
what ya got to loose:cool: I would try it cause im tighter than bark to a tree lol

Reactions: johneh
HarmanP43, can you post a pic or two of what you are working with? Puzzled as to what DuraVent pellet vent parts you might be working with that have hose clamps. To my knowledge, the only one with a hose clamp is their quick-release appliance adapter, but this is not recommended for use on Harman stoves.

HarmanP43, can you post a pic or two of what you are working with? Puzzled as to what DuraVent pellet vent parts you might be working with that have hose clamps. To my knowledge, the only one with a hose clamp is their quick-release appliance adapter, but this is not recommended for use on Harman stoves.

yeah it was one of their old styles.No longer In production. If you visit the site it’s still on there, parts diagrams. But anyway I threw it all away and bought new pipe. Sick of messing with it every winter. So it’s all new from stove to chimney.

I had same thought. Never seen Duravent with clamps?