duretech pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pellet9999

Sep 3, 2008
ny
I want to marry a 36 inch piece of insulated double wall Duratech (about 130$) to a non insulated double wall 90 elbow ,also Dura,( much cheaper than the 2 piece 30 degree insulated).
Its in a 6 inch format for a Napolean. Can anyone confirm that this works and has specifics about how they went about doing it..
The 36 is going thru a wall but the rest can be regular double wall non insulated .....also I want this 36 to pass thru an 8 inch sleeve thimble. They do make an 8 diameter thimble right??

This is a link to the document with all the pipes/connectors and what is allowed. I would use their technical support and make sure the configuration you want meets their requirements. They are super easy to deal with and you will have an easier time with your building inspector and insurance company. The contact for technical support is also on this page.

http://www.duravent.com/?page=1a.php

anyone who enjoys doing their own fabrication and solving their own fireplace issues instead of buying double priced junk from companies who insist you need to buy more stuff...
please lets get a thread going for those people.. the homemade solutions thread... metal fab and ceramic solutions ,whatever you have done that saved money and was interesting.

Do you have your own UL testing agent on hand also, to test your home made pipe?

Sounds like you need a pro to visit your site and adivse on what should be done, or hire the pro to do it.

"but the rest can be regular double wall non insulated"

The rest where? The pipe inside the room with the stove can be black double wall pipe. After you pass through the wall or ceiling it must be a Class A system the rest of the vent run. There is no switching back and forth.

pellet9999 said:
I want to marry a 36 inch piece of insulated double wall Duratech (about 130$) to a non insulated double wall 90 elbow ,also Dura,( much cheaper than the 2 piece 30 degree insulated).
Its in a 6 inch format for a Napolean. Can anyone confirm that this works and has specifics about how they went about doing it..
The 36 is going thru a wall but the rest can be regular double wall non insulated .....also I want this 36 to pass thru an 8 inch sleeve thimble. They do make an 8 diameter thimble right??
We have been selling Dura Vent for 7 years.
I have put together many a flue system.
What you want to do is ok.
My only question is how tall is your flue?
1 3 foot piece will not be enough to creat a decent draft.
We also give 30% off of list on all Dura Vent products.

Status
Not open for further replies.