Q&A Dutchwest FA264CCLR stove pipes??

QandA Posted By QandA, Oct 5, 2001 at 2:20 PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QandA

    New Member 2.
    Staff Member

    Nov 27, 2012

    I am buying this new home where they have this stove but needs fuel pipe replacement. The stove is purchased in 1986-1987 but not used for last 5 years. Does it require any other servicing? I would like to know what size 6" or 8" fuel pipe are recommended for through the wall style chimneys. Also, should they be double-wall or triple-wall? Are they available in lengths of 3' or more? can someone please help me. Thanks in advance.


    Your Dutchwest model requires a 6" chimney connector, commonly called "stovepipe." It can be connected to a larger chimney flue, as long as the flue's cross-sectional area is not 3 times larger than the stove's flue collar (cast iron section on top of the stove).

    Your stove was not listed or approved for double-wall chimney connector. Don't let anyone sell you this because it was not tested, and you may take the chance of having too high a temperature in the flue and connector. Your only course of action is to use a heavy gauge pipe, min. 24 ga., and shield it if necessary. I do believe that 22 ga., heavier pipe, is available in 3' sections.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page