E100 wood boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tightwad

Sep 29, 2019
Maine
I'm often thinking of replacing my 45 year old HS Tarm wood boiler with a more efficient boiler. Does anyone have an idea of the price of a E100 boiler from Alternative Heating Systems? I hate to take up their time if I'm not ready to buy. Also, does it qualify for rebates? Thanks.

I have an stainless steel E100 for sale - used it for about 7 years. In excellent condition. Comes with factory vent hood, premium stainless insulated pipe to connect to chimney, a huge roll of premium square 2100*F door gasket AND custom professional moulds to make all your own refractory & replacement bricks (I used to do this for a living). Has a DHW built-in coil which I never used.
This is the most fantastic wood burner I have ever seen. I am heating a 2600 s/f house & 800 s/f separate garage through an underground line and also domestic hot water. Using pex in concrete, fan coil, and baseboards. When the temps are down to -10*C I use 4 - 5 split pieces per day, colder than that maybe up to 7 pieces maximum. We keep the house between 22*C - 24*C. It is installed in my basement, using outside air for burning. I am including a fire damper which I added to the air intake (visible in photo of back of e100). I could go on and on about this thing, but I'll stop here.
Health issues have caught up with us - we always cut and split & handled all our wood by hand from standing trees - just can't do it any more. The unit is currently still installed. I will sell reasonable - the only catch - I am in southern Ontario - near Oshawa.
Let me know if you might be interested.

100_3017.jpg 100_3022.jpg

Scott7, thanks for the reply.I switched my old wood boiler to pellets when my wife became ill and I couldn't get out to cut wood. I am going to repost my search for a control panel for my Pellx burner. Thanks again.

I have an stainless steel E100 for sale - used it for about 7 years. In excellent condition. Comes with factory vent hood, premium stainless insulated pipe to connect to chimney, a huge roll of premium square 2100*F door gasket AND custom professional moulds to make all your own refractory & replacement bricks (I used to do this for a living). Has a DHW built-in coil which I never used.
This is the most fantastic wood burner I have ever seen. I am heating a 2600 s/f house & 800 s/f separate garage through an underground line and also domestic hot water. Using pex in concrete, fan coil, and baseboards. When the temps are down to -10*C I use 4 - 5 split pieces per day, colder than that maybe up to 7 pieces maximum. We keep the house between 22*C - 24*C. It is installed in my basement, using outside air for burning. I am including a fire damper which I added to the air intake (visible in photo of back of e100). I could go on and on about this thing, but I'll stop here.
Health issues have caught up with us - we always cut and split & handled all our wood by hand from standing trees - just can't do it any more. The unit is currently still installed. I will sell reasonable - the only catch - I am in southern Ontario - near Oshawa.

View attachment 320135 View attachment 320136
Would love info on the molds for refractories. 13 years of use and need to be replaced.

View attachment 320135 View attachment 320136
Hi Scott. Did you ever sell the E100? Thanks, Doug