Easy Heat pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Wondering if anyone has experience with Easy heat pellets? Can get them for 225 a ton, i burned heartlands last year but they are 370 a ton this year!
Now this is from a few years back; but these are one of the worst hardwood pellets I ever had the chance to try to burn. Tons and tons of ash and poor heat. I thought something was wrong with our stove. Located some Lignetics hardwood pellets, and bingo, stove is back to making good heat. Pellet quality is #1 if you want good heat!

2 yrs. ago I tried a couple bags and didn't notice any difference from any other box store pellets. Easy Heats are also rebagged and sold as Mad River pellets.

Northwest Wisconsin. Amery area
OK, on the other side of the state from me. I was at my local Menards last week and noticed the were selling Marth pellets in the $225/ton range when you factor in their 11% store credit. Pellet brands tend to vary from store to store, but I've never bought pellets there that were really poor. Occasionally they might have Somersets down here, which many people consider an outstanding hardwood pellet.

Do you ever see Indeck pellets up there? They're made in Ladysmith. I bought some in 2012 shortly after the pellet factory went on line, and they were BAD. But after they dialed in their production they improved quite a bit. I haven't seen them sold down here in years, though. I'd buy they if I could get them (and the price was right).

Worst I ever tried. Found blue plastic and went by factory in Ohio, where they use recycled pallets to make the pellets.

Wondering if anyone has experience with Easy heat pellets? Can get them for 225 a ton, i burned heartlands last year but they are 370 a ton this year!
We were looking to source some pellets from them several years ago. Their plant is outside of Dayton. We took a plant tour but noted the quality of their raw material supply can vary quite a bit. We tried a few bags and the heat output was marginal vs other pellets such as Country Boy and Somerset’s.