Easy Maintenance Border/Privacy Bush NH

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

thinkxingu

Minister of Fire
Jun 3, 2007
S.NH
Hi!
Took down four pines and an oak between us and neighbors and now need to install something for privacy. Saw Arborvitae, Box, and Buckthorn mentioned but am looking for more suggestions. Hopes: easy to maintain, nice privacy, not too tall (power lines about 15' up).

Thanks!

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Does it need to be evergreen? If so, Holly, if not, burning bush. I suggest suggest visiting a nursery in your area to find out what grows best with your soil, winters, etc.

Reactions: thinkxingu
Always enjoyed my Great Aunt's lilac privacy hedge ... mind you no winter neighbours to worry about. Trimmed in the spring and if they got too out of control, you cut them right down and let them start over:)

Reactions: thinkxingu