Jason Posted By Jason, May 29, 2017 at 9:36 AM

1. Jason

Jason
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 25, 2011
    Loc:
    Tracadie-Sheila, New-brunswick
    hey guys, i have a eco 45 and the tubeaxial fans(heat fan) stay on all the time when the stove is off. does anybody know wich sensor or thermodisc control the fan? have a code E on the board for the heat sensor on the exhaust motor but after reading about that sensor doenst look that sensor controll the fans.

thanks

2. heat seeker

heat seeker
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 25, 2011
    Loc:
    Northern CT
    With the stove disconnected from the power, take one wire off of that sensor on the exhaust motor and see what happens. I'd say it's likely that sensor is defective, telling the control that the stove is still hot.

3. Jason

Jason
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 25, 2011
    Loc:
    Tracadie-Sheila, New-brunswick
    i did try and still not stoping. i was thinking to jumped it maybe

4. heat seeker

heat seeker
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 25, 2011
    Loc:
    Northern CT
    Have you unplugged the stove for a good while, to reset the control? If so, I suspect that the triac or relay that controls that motor is shorted.

5. Lake Girl

Lake Girl
    Moderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Loc:
    NW Ontario
    There are three different snap discs and a "thermistor" on that stove. Usually troubleshooting is done by bypassing the sensor. Many set up a wire with the appropriate connectors on the end to lessen the likelihood of a short. This will work for the snap discs. Once you rule out none of those are causing a problem, it leaves the thermistor. Not sure how to troubleshoot those.... Always unplug when working in the cabinet.

https://www.drolet.ca/media/1357/45167a_09-09-2015.pdf page 28 wiring diagram